New Year's Resolutions.
There's something special about a new year. A fresh start.
365 brand new days for you to become whatever it is you want to become.
These past 365 days taught me more than I could have ever hoped to learn.
Some lessons were harder than others, but with the close of 2011, I can honestly say I am a stronger person, because of this year's experiences.
This year, I learned that we don't have to settle.
Our lives?
We can control them.
We can change our own path. We have will and we have ways.
We have the power to achieve happiness and to see beauty in darkness.
I learned that mean people are the ones that need kindness most.And no matter what anybody tells you, you're beautiful and worth it.And most importantly, you deserve love and to be happy.
I've learned that there will always be people with unkind things to say.There will always be hate, envy, and greed in this world.But there will also always be love and beauty and kindness.And one act of kindness overpowers a million acts of rudeness. Every time.
I've learned that friends... your true friends... bring out the best parts of you, but will still love the worst parts all the same.I've learned that true friends are actually pretty hard to find, so when you do find them? Don't let them go. Don't let time or distance or differing paths let you grow apart.
I've learned that a simple "how are you?" can change someone's life.
Sometimes all anyone needs is someone to just listen.
I've learned that you can't fix people, nor can you change them.
All you can do is be there for them and show love and support.
I've learned that if something feels off. It probably is.
I've learned that you should be sure to trust your instincts.
I've learned that honesty is the best policy. Always.
I've learned that you can't make someone love you and you can't make yourself love someone.
I've learned that being alone does not equate to loneliness, and if you don't like the relationship you have with yourself, you probably won't like the relationship you have with someone else, either.
Most importantly, I've learned the difference between loving someone and loving the idea of them.
So, this year, I can only hope to learn half as many important lessons as I did in 2011.
For 2012, I'm taking the year to rid my life of negativity and surround myself with love and inspiration.
I'm taking the year to develop a deeper relationship with myself.
I will live and laugh and dance and sing.
Comments
Post a Comment
♥ Thank you for your love. I'll get back to all of your blogs during the weekend. I promise. ♥