In Your Life...


In your life you meet people. Some are just an episode and you never will think about them again. There are some that you wonder if they ever think about you. And some you wonder what might have happened to them.

And then there are some you wish you never had to think about again. But you do.

In your life you don't get the people you want. You get the people you need.
To love you.
To hate you.
To teach you.
To hurt you.
To make you smile.
To make you cry.
To make you exactly the person you are.

But what do you do when suddenly people you know become people you KNEW. And people who used to be a major part of your life are not present there anymore. When you try to make a difference but it all is in vain. When I love you’s become goodbye’s.
When you can't even talk to them anymore because they never will talk the way they USED TO.
What do you do when you can’t accept what things ARE because you still remember how they USED.TO.BE.

In your life you don’t feel hurt until you think about how much things have changed, who you've lost along the way, and how much of it was your fault.

And you know that there always will be that one thing that you hate but can't change.
That one mistake you made but can't take back.
That one memory you would do anything to have again.
But then you know you will never even catch a glimpse of it.

In your life there are always moments when you realize you have to move on. Someone said the hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn. And sometimes we need time to take the decision in order not to mix up these bridges. But we should always remember that when a moment comes where we are going to want to turn back – that’s a point where we have to go on.

Because life is like an open book. We always turn to new pages and grow into new chapters, but we never forget to turn few pages back just to realize where we stand now. Because moving on is never about "not looking back."
It is more about taking a glance at yesterday and noticing how much you've grown since then.

Comments

  1. *~*{Sameera}*~*August 04, 2011

    And I thought someone was supposed to be sleeping!Grrr

    Beautiful post dear! Moving on is hard indeed,but we all do.When I look back,I feel I have come a long ahead.

    Take care sweetu.Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LadyB, for me people are never an episode. Whether we are in touch or not, you know you will be amongst the very few people i think of, when am happy or upset.

    when you are not there, i miss you. when you will not be there... i would be missing you. Never will u be an episode in my life! Thats an assurance to remember!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LadyB, what a lovely photo and post!!! You have the soul of a master teacher. I would climb a mountain to hear you speak. :D

    My philosophy of life is....if it's not working out, I'm on the wrong path. I ask God to point in the right direction each morning. Sometimes I don't recognize the right path right away though, and that's when it becomes so confusing. I'm on this publishing road now, and it appears to be working out. :D But I'm shaking going through the steps. Jeff has been a source of support and I am blessed to have him. I didn't date him when he first asked. That's why it was confusing.

    What I do know is that each of us deserves a peace of mind.

    It's funny how you think you forgot something and then you dream about it...and remember again. The mind is hard to figure out. I think a lesson has gone unlearned when that happens.

    Hugs, JJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautifully written.
    I always believed that people come into our lives for a reason and leave when that purpose is over. Makes me move on easily. And if I do have to glance backward, I do so with a smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. humbl devilAugust 04, 2011

    people in my life are important...they cant just be chapters or episodes...and i treasure them no matter what, if they have put in efforts to cherish the friendship we share...

    nice post as always...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, indeed there are many type of people

    ReplyDelete
  7. harshsingalAugust 04, 2011

    Very nicely written butterfly... :)
    At some point you are forced to reach at the juncture where you have to decide whom to say love you and who to say goodbyessss...

    ReplyDelete
  8. really a nice post...it has much truth...experience might give you nostalgia but for that you need to go through things...sometimes life is against the rocks,that you wish you will be turned into sand...but other times,you don't want to be a rock,you want to be like water....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent ladyB, Well expressed. We never get what we want, we never want what we get and if you get what you want then you must be one of the luckiest person in life :)
    That's life. We need to learn how to be contend with what we get.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice post. Thanks for dropping

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know what it's like to be close to someone at one time and then just drift apart because of any kind of separation.
    Anyway, I like what you have to say...cool blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Someone? Sleeping?? But this someone was writing a post!! how could she be sleeping? :O

    **When I look back,I feel I have come a long ahead.

    Even i feel the same :)

    Love you dear!
    take care!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Farah DeenAugust 04, 2011

    Beautifully written!

    ReplyDelete
  14. awww, JJ, you think way too good about me!! thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks for visiting my li'l blog :)
    I completely agree to what you said. People come in life with a reason, a reason good or bad but always meaningful. But then I think even when people leave us or say, move out of our life, they leave memories which are irreplaceable.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @ humbl devil:
    i wish everyone would think this way :)
    thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. @ ropi:
    yup, thats true :)
    thanks for dropping by

    ReplyDelete
  18. @ harshsingal:
    yup, at some point we are really forced to choose.. important is to make a right choice :)

    thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  19. thanks, Aneesh! (i know its you! haha)
    Right you are, we cant find balance between what we want and what we get, hence all the disappointments and losses.

    ReplyDelete
  20. thanks Khalid for dropping by.

    i guess we all can relate to something like that, sometimes things just dont work out the way we want to.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Noushy SyahAugust 04, 2011

    Hi butterfly..

    "Because moving on is never about "not looking back."
    It is more about taking a glance at yesterday and noticing how much you've grown since then."
    -------------------------------------
    True indeed!....so that we won't make the same mistakes!

    Muahhhs.Take care my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  22. indicaspeciesAugust 04, 2011

    Z,

    This reminded me of the quote: Some people come and go in our lives. Some stay forever.

    Thank you for dropping by at my blog and leaving a kind and interesting comment.

    - celine

    ReplyDelete
  23. Mel Avila AlarillaAugust 04, 2011

    Hi Zuli,
    Your vast experiences in life have made you sensitive about what life is all about. But whatever it is, life is good and beautiful and need to be shared. We may get hurt and stumble along the way, but we can always pick up the pieces and continue to trudge on to life's meaningful purpose. Just continue with your beautiful life. Your stars are guiding you along life's perilous paths. Have a nice and pleasant day my friend. God bless you always.

    ReplyDelete
  24. AWWW thats good! can i add you on gmail?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow.. Lovely post!!!

    Cheers.

    Anindita.

    ReplyDelete
  26. flyingstarsAugust 04, 2011

    Your words are so true & realistic...it gives an altogether new meaning to life & help us move on even in difficult times...its very true moving ahead doesn't mean not looking back & we must remember the ones we love the most also hurts us the most...so we can take heart from it & get optimistic about the future as inspite of anything these will be the people who will stand by us in our difficult times irrespective of whatever has happened...we should just keep on moving in our life with full passion & vigour & our dreams will definitely come tru...lovely reading your post!

    ReplyDelete
  27. hey.... this is my first visit here and i LOVED it... beautiful words... and true too...!! like the blog title & description too...!!

    Because life is like an open book. We always turn to new pages and grow into new chapters, but we never forget to turn few pages back just to realize where we stand now. Because moving on is never about "not looking back."
    It is more about taking a glance at yesterday and noticing how much you've grown since then.

    gr8 ending...!! blogrolling you...!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. this is a lovely post LadyB

    Moving on is surely the toughst part of all relationships...its earier to move away from some and with others, u just never move away completely cuz a part of them will always live inside ur heart

    But then, we don have any options do we ?

    Blogrolled u...enjoy n keep bloggin :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. τ ħ€ ĐάЎđяёάmёяAugust 04, 2011

    it's happening right now wid me :)

    I jus hope that life remains an open book and I don have to visit the back pages... :|

    howz u??

    ReplyDelete
  30. yes, Noushy, thats true, but then again we make same mistakes always :(

    ReplyDelete
  31. thanks, Celine. I wish more people would stay forever in my life :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. thank you, Mel, for your encouraging and inspirational comment. Life indeed is very beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. of course Kaylee, sweetheart, you can add me.. will pm u later

    ReplyDelete
  34. @ sach:

    **But then I think even when people leave us or say, move out of our life, they leave memories which are irreplaceable

    yes, but sometimes we wish to have more than just memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. @ Divkiran:

    i guess we really have no options here, when a part of us is leaving, we will always have this part in our hearts :)

    thanks for blogrolling :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. ...the dew drops are not always soothing and smooth...when u have injured feet those drops kill u if u walk on...
    the hardest decision to take that time is to know to walk on or stay back...I hate people who say dew drops never hurt....

    b'ful post...please keep writing...I feel that u really know what u mean to write...pleasure being here...!

    ReplyDelete
  37. vishesh, you said it beautifully :)

    **sometimes life is against the rocks,that you wish you will be turned into sand...but other times,you don't want to be a rock,you want to be like water

    But in the end no matter, rocks, sand or water, you get experience that makes you stronger and thats all that matters :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. amazing thought, rashi, and makes a lot of sense. Even dew drops hurt, it all depends on the circumstances.

    I am glad you liked the post. I have big plans of writing more and more :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. dat was a beautiful post!!!
    yes we always lose smone in our rush to move ahead...takin different roads...break promises...runnin to get ahead...leavin moments n memories behind...

    **It is more about taking a glance at yesterday and noticing how much you've grown since then.

    so true n so simply n well put

    will b comin here more often now :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. "When you can't even talk to them anymore because they never will talk the way they USED TO.
    What do you do when you can’t accept what things ARE because you still remember how they USED.TO.BE."

    you hit the nail on the head ...this will make me visit again and again.

    peace

    ReplyDelete
  41. @ mayz:
    indeed we live in such a hurry that often leave people and moments behind, and when we realise it, it is too late to get them back :)

    Hope to see you back here :)
    Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  42. @ V:
    thanks for finding time to drop by :)

    and glad you liked the post :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. Such a beautiful post.. moving on is the hardest thing to do.. something one has to do everyday every moment.. but still its so hard coz heart refuses to let go at times..
    can relate to each word you wrote here girl..
    keep rocking..

    ReplyDelete
  44. hope, dear, you are right, sometimes the heart refuses to let go of... thats when the mind is supposed to do its job.

    ReplyDelete
  45. ЅΗΑЅΗІAugust 04, 2011

    i couldnt even go all the way to the end... i didnt read it all.... you have described almost all the feelings i have had in the past couple of days... i met couple of friends yesterday ... old buddies.... things are not the same they used to be.... and now that am graduating and moving out of this place again stepping into a new different world... am gonna miss my ppl again.... oh lord.... i know i have to make it thru.... but i also know that road am taking is not gonna be easy....
    i so agree with this whole article.... its a gr8 one z....

    Cheers
    Shashi

    ReplyDelete
  46. you didnt read it all, Shashi, huh! :x

    But on a serious note, yup, we all go through it and important is to learn how to deal with this :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. well said specially the last line. just wanted to read it again and again.

    BTW thanx 4 ur comments.


    am blogrolling u

    ReplyDelete
  48. thanks Joyce, am glad you liked the post.
    Thanks for dropping by and blogrolling. You are blogrolled too :)

    ReplyDelete
  49. Zulie... are there words for me to describe the journey I've taken while here in your nook of the world? I think not. I could describe the comfort of your words but it wouldn't do justice to what is in my heart. For this "handicap" of mine, I'm truly sorry, for I want so much to describe what your writing has done for me this morning.

    If you'd never found me, I'd never have found you. I honestly believe you summed up my Life's story in this latest post; reading it, I wanted to cry for joy because I felt my feelings validated and my past somewhat explained.
    My dear, you are a beautiful, talented writer who will have many regular visits from me.

    Fondly,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  50. This post speaks to me. Beautiful...it rings true so much for me...I cried when I read it.

    Thanks B :)

    ReplyDelete
  51. awww.. jessica, i didnt mean to make anyone cry :(

    hope it spoke to you in a good way :)

    ReplyDelete
  52. You are so very right.
    I think its a moot point.
    Thanks for such a wonderful blog.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  53. Hemanth PotluriAugust 04, 2011

    life is like a train ..people climb and get doen wen the station comes the only one who remains the entire journey is the train driver(in this case ur partner) he/she shares every moment with u till the end of journey...

    so in anyone's life the one driver will surely come and succed to be till the end...

    VGOOD Post girl....

    urs..hemu..

    ReplyDelete
  54. Looking back can be too dangerous when it's filled with a passive yearning, and not an active acknowledgment for how far we've come...and what we can take with us into the future.

    Beautifully considered and written, Zuli. I'm going to link you, btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  55. maybe thats a moot point, riversoul, but somehow most readers decided not to argue :)

    glad you liked the post :)

    ReplyDelete
  56. what an interesting metaphor, hemanth, and somehow very true, though only partly. I still believe some of the passengers go the same way till the end :)

    ReplyDelete
  57. yup, sarah, future depends on the past, but important is to take the best from one to another.

    Thanks for linking me, i did the same, just enjoy reading your writings :)

    ReplyDelete
  58. Moving post, I would help Nature nut up that mountain. By the way, she fell into my arms first thing :) Not really, but I had no doubts.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Cinderella.August 04, 2011

    Le ! Wheres my comment gone ?!!!!! I'd posted one just now itself !!!

    Anyway, you know I sometimes wonder we dont really decide we hafta move on...keeping our sanity is a need far more important than any thing in this world cz we have a life on our hands and we gottas live it.

    Just the way you said, like we have to keep turning the pages over if we have a book in our hands and we gotta read it.

    Which is why, decide or not - we end up moving on !

    Lovely post ! I loved your concluding lines !

    ReplyDelete
  60. a new philosopher is bornAugust 04, 2011

    "Because moving on is never about "not looking back."
    It is more about taking a glance at yesterday and noticing how much you've grown since then."
    absolutely true...but then it is not easy....as soon as u look back...pangs of pain, hurt, emotions that u thought u had bottled and thrown into some unknown ocean resurfaces...it clouds vision...it makes us weak...and often i ask instead....why me?

    ReplyDelete
  61. Prehistoric Developments!August 04, 2011

    sob :(
    that was beautiful
    it's always hard to leave people u've known behind, it was tough before, but now, I manage to cope with it

    ReplyDelete
  62. awww... Cindy, I havent received your comment before. Might be some Blogger bug.

    **keeping our sanity is a need far more important than any thing in this world cz we have a life on our hands and we gottas live it

    Indeed.. and then i am wondering too, why some of us prefer to be stuck in the past holding on to something which fails them every minute of their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  63. @ a new philosopher:
    nobody said it will be easy, but eventually everyone deals with it and we come out of this stronger than we have been.

    ReplyDelete
  64. @ Prehistoric Developments:
    it is great to hear you learned to cope with it :)

    thanks for dropping by :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

♥ Thank you for your love. I'll get back to all of your blogs during the weekend. I promise. ♥

Popular posts from this blog

Risk

Show You Care