For You

How can I say when I knew I fell in love with you?
It took me by surprise.
Was it possible to fall in love
with someone the same sex as I?

Maybe I knew when I woke up in the morning
and my first thoughts would be of you
Maybe I knew when the first snow fell
and all I could think of was if you were here
I'd throw a snowball at you :)

Maybe I knew when I was down by the lake
looking at the boats and the couples
and wishing so badly
that we were them that I started crying

Our love will never be
But at least I got the chance to know you
and to have your arms around me
even if it was only as your estranged 'friend'



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Risk

In Your Life...

Show You Care