Reminiscing
Down memory lane..
That morning started as usual.. As it was Monday so we had
morning assembly.. I was sitting along the corridor of our classroom.. A fellow
schoolmate walked pass.. I could smell that nice sweet scent which at that
point I knew it was that famous talcum "Carrie" her pen fell in front
of me, I picked it up hand it to her, she smile and thank me.. While I just
nod..
A couple of weeks later, I was making my way to class walked
pass the washroom... I heard like someone crying and sobbing real loud... So,
curious, I walked in and saw her crying head against the sink... didn't really
know what to do so I hand her a piece of tissue.. She took it.. wiped her tears
and look straight into my eyes.. and me acting cool, just gave her a hug.. Was sweet but weird, for I've never ever done
anything like that... That afternoon after school, while I was walking out our
school gate I saw her standing by the trees with her friends... I heard her
said, "ok, see you guys tomorrow"
and walked beside me... "Hi!”
she said. "err, Hi..", I
replied.. "Naz",
"Julie", seal it with a hand shake.. "So, see you tomorrow! Bye", "Ya, sure.. okay! Bye!" and I waved at her while she ran
to the car parked across our school.
Weeks passed and school was the same, if we cross path... "Hello, hey, hi" and a
smile was the only thing we would say to each other... On one Friday, "So, what are you doing this weekend?” with
a smile I said "Hanging out with you
of course!" and we both laugh!
Naz : "So, you
wanna hang out for real tomorrow?"
Me : "Yeah, sure!
But I'll be at my grandma's in the morning maybe till noon."
Naz : "Well,
what say we meet at "Taman Jaya", will wait for you near that big
trees by the playground around 3.. is that okay?"
Me : "Okay.. see
you at 3! Take care, bye!"
Naz : "You too,
bye"
Have never been so excited.. I couldn't wait for Saturday, I
had no clue why I was nervous and happy at the same time.
Saturday ; 2.45pm. I asked dad to drive me to the park. We
met, talked and shared stories.. The beginning of our friendship was amazing.
We connected quickly, had so many things in common, and felt like we'd known
each other our entire lives.
In school, she would just smile and sometimes would throw a
"Hello or Hi". We never chat when we are in school.. We had one note
book where we would write in.. We communicate through that note book, she would
write in it and once she's done.. Pass it to me and I would read and reply.. This
went on for 3 years.. No one really knew what was going on.. Non of her friends
or mine ever knew..
We finished high-school and when with our lives until one
day I received a call from her... "Hey Jules.. it’s me, Naz it’s been
awhile.. How are things?", in shock I said.. "Hey Naz!! OMG! I’m
doing okay, it’s so good to hear from you.. You have no idea how much I miss
you!".. "I miss you too.. You wanna meet up?", "Yeah sure!
When", I asked.. "How about today? Around 4pm, at McD's , Mid
Valley, it that okay for you?". "Today? Ya, okay.. See you at 4pm!!"
I hang up and was super excited..
McD's, Mid Valley ; 3.55pm. Naz looked lovely wearing
a soft pink dress with white flowers.. Her soft wavy long hair and I was
breathless.. She smiled, came over, and
gave me one of her patented bear hugs. When she weakly hugged me, tears came to
both of us. I whispered to her "Naz, I love you"..
"I love you
too.."
Comments
Post a Comment
♥ Thank you for your love. I'll get back to all of your blogs during the weekend. I promise. ♥