Why do we hurt the ones we love the most?
Have you thought about it? I know this post seems like a bit of a ramble but go along with it.. Why is it that we hurt the ones that are closest to us? And cause so much pain? Or why is it that the ones we love are the ones who leave the worst wounds?
Think about it.. Is it because they are the ones we love? Is it because we love them? Or is it because of expectations? High expectations? Different expectations? Lack of communication? Taking each other for granted?
So what next? Do we stop having expectations from those who are nearest and dearest to us? If we stop having expectations from them, who else can expect from? Can we improve communication? How much is ideal? I mean... you don't want to over do it, do you? What about taking people for granted? We could learn to notice and appreciate people more..
Hmm... I guess the bottom line is that most human beings (close or otherwise) are not reliable when it comes to fulfilling expectations. Everyone has a different idea on what the ideal communication level should be. And each person has a different tolerance level and understanding of the term 'being taken for granted.'
This still doesn't leave us with an answer... but just food for thought.. Why? Why do we hurt the ones we love the most? Why do the ones we love cause us most pain?
Comments
Post a Comment
♥ Thank you for your love. I'll get back to all of your blogs during the weekend. I promise. ♥