Shadows


I want to be somewhere I am not,
I want to run some place I don’t know,
I want to sleep in peace and have no dreams,
I want to vent my grief in a torrent of tears.
I have the right to be happy, they say.
What do they know and why would they care?
There are some things in life that are not meant to last,
But it won’t protect you from the ghosts of your past.
Sometimes I wonder how we waste our time,
We eat, we sleep, we work, and we lie.
We don’t say the things that really matter,
We make everything worse instead of making it better.
I lose myself in this world of shadows,
I miss those days when I could see rainbows.
I don’t know if I should open this door,
don’t know where to go anymore.
I am confused, I am alone, and cold,
The world is so big, and I am so small.
And I lost my way; I am at a crossroads,
I close my eyes, and my world explodes.

Comments

  1. Brent AllardAugust 03, 2011

    A lovely piece LadyB! A sentiment I can definitely relate to at times. How wonderful to see your work too. Thanks for sharing it. It’s quite moving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. humbl devilAugust 03, 2011

    wow…nys words… :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. feels like as if I wrote it . :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice!! something on d your blog after a long time…

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW. I can soooo relate to this! The depression phase (before the rage, that is, in my case). LadyB, few years ago I was like this, in this sort of state (still occasionally get it sometimes)… but now every time I get depressed (self-directed) I successfully channel it into anger (outward). Yes, it’s a selfish mechanism, I know. But it’s a survival mechanism. And surviving means being selfish (that’s my opinion, how it works for me, though I may be wrong, I don’t know).

    Just sharing my own experiences and coping methods. Lovely poem. Hang in there, and remember to chant: “This is ME. It’s MY life. It’s MY time. Not yours. Not anyone else’s. I do not live for anyone else but ME, ME, ME!” — Yes, selfish, but it’s YOUR survival above anyone else’s. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ..dis is just beautiful….!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another year passed, and you are still spreading love - and doing great job! I thought with this comment I will also leave you with best wishes! Hope all is well. Come and see me sometimes, lol! Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this piece. How is life? Have not been over here in a while and have missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Most of us would relate to this… :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. seems like you haven’t been updating for a while… hope that you’re well, and hope we’ll hear from you very soon… i really enjoy the fictional love stories that you write =)

    and.. congratulation on your marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LatteJunkieAugust 03, 2011

    Very powerful. I love poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  12. steve barbarichAugust 03, 2011

    Bravo! Two thumbs up for this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. LadyB :) It’s so awesome. I literally felt the goosebumps and I am now charged up - I have to go to save myself!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

♥ Thank you for your love. I'll get back to all of your blogs during the weekend. I promise. ♥

Popular posts from this blog

Risk

In Your Life...

Show You Care