Before 30
“Before 30” is just two years away and as freaked out I am as a single woman, you ought to know that I hate jokes about age. Yes I have matured and been in control of myself slow and gradual but there is much that has been done, and much that is left to do before 30. No I am not intending to die. Death is a far away tale and no where happening in the future at hand. I am talking more in terms on the things to do, habits to rid off, things to acquire, destinations to reach and make a living out of a life I surely seem to be dragging. No what ifs about ‘if I stay single’ I’ll marry myself if I have to but you wont find me single, NO!This Wednesday you’ll be entertained with how prepared and not prepared I am for 30. as scary as the digit is, it has its pros too. And with prayers and blessings I’ll make it through!
Things I should stop doing before 30
1. Romanticizing my 20s
2. Rebelling against my parents for the sake of rebelling against my parents.
3. Living paycheck to paycheck
4. Expecting a man/knight in shining armor to swoop in and save me
5. Thinking I’ve got it all figured out
6. Declaring an entire gender “all jerks”
Things to own before 30
7. A vacation to look forward to at least once a year
8. A set of hand towels so guests don’t have dry their hands on her bath towel
9. A retirement fund
10. A commitment to exercise
11. A hairstyle that suits me
Friends to have before 30
12. The Diet Freak who’ll keep prompting new plans and calorie charts in my email every now and then
13. A buddy whom I can travel with and make memories with if I don’t get a husband due to some unforeseen circumstances
14. The Listener who’ll lend me just an ear and no words to heal. I don’t like advices most of the time, because once I let it out of my system I don’t look back on it with the same intensity
15. And the Style Guru who’ll always be the mirror and give honest criticism about what I wear and how am I wearing it
Did I exceed 13? Oh well going from 13 to 30 :P
Skills to have before 30
16. Woo a man into marrying me :P
17. Create a budget and manage my accounts
18. Negotiate a salary and/or pay raise
19. Say something in French just for the hell of it
20. Spot a fake (handbag, diamond, potential friend …)
And 7 things which I will keep on doing before and after 30
21. See the humor in things
22. Not try and please everyone
23. Not get too caught up in my own judgments of others and their views
24. See the good in things
25. Listen and be attentive
26. Be confident and sell my idea and not be bought easily
27. Let go and be a kid at heart, enjoy scarred knees than a scarred heart
Oh I did cross my 13 limit :P you were counting? Means you weren’t enjoying! But unconsciously I stopped at the right digit haha
Ahh well my work is done!
I am looking forward to it! But I need to get married ON TOP PRIORITY before 30 and get pregnant twice before 30 which means two kids before 30. Inshallah. Yes it gets harder to deliver after 30 (myth or no myth I don’t want to try it myself, I hate to ache)
So before this list exceedsssss I am taking an exit. No internet at home means I have much time to myself and my reading. Lately reading ‘Diary of a Social Butterfly’ by Moni Mohsin. If you like humor you should give it a go! Very Janu type book :)
Most of my readers are far from 25, so you have ample time to make your lists to ponder! I have lesser time and much on my hands. Things needs to be prioritized – midlife done and over with for me :P
Comments
Post a Comment
♥ Thank you for your love. I'll get back to all of your blogs during the weekend. I promise. ♥