... the richness of life lies in memories we have forgotten!


I genuinely believe my life is made up of millions of tiny memories I gathered all the way from my childhood. No matter where I am, no matter what I do, the 'hows' and 'whys' of my life will always shape up according to what these memories and experiences have made of me. I'm happy and deeply grateful to Allah for giving me the kind of life that will always keep me searching for the positive perspective in anything.

I once again realize person I am when, in a silent moment of recollection, a sweet, tiny memory back from the old days creeps up on me and makes me smile. And that's why I call my memories a treasure; they never fail to make me smile.

Remember how as a child, you were fond of little things? You had no greedy desires, no ambition big enough to tire you from life. Your dreams were simple dreams. You clearly knew who you wanted to be when you grow up. I want to be a teacher, a doctor, a pilot... There were no strings attached. It was as simple as that! You found pleasure in little things, things so small you're always overlooking them now.

Sad you forgot how the rain maddened you with happiness, sad how you stopped feeling the wind just because it will spoil your new hair do, you forgot how you used to believe in fairy tales. You forgot how you loved to draw with your finger every time the window glass was hazed with cold in those chilly December nights. Do you remember how fun it was to play in the soil? Build sand castles? Why have you stopped doing it? Just because it will spoil your clothes or make you dirty? *smiles*

I owe many of my dreams to those surreal fairy tales I read as a kid, because they taught me miracles can indeed happen... to ordinary people like us. Somewhere in my heart, I still believe in fairy tales and magic and miracles; may be they won't ever happen, but they will keep me going.


We all need a belief to place our faith in. It works as a sanctuary for our tired and beaten hearts. My heart is a glowing candle as long it has faith. When I stop believing, I cease to own that light.

Look inside yourself. See what your childhood innocence has taught you. We were closer to God back then, and we all were simpler beings. When we prayed, our hearts shone with delight because we completely believed somebody was listening.






What's your fondest memory that's become your motive for every new day?
:)

Comments

  1. My fondest memory is when used to talk about Our future Lake View House and our Daughter playing in the garden of that house. Aah!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet post! :) And I don have just one fondest memory! When I see the word "memories", my mind is flooded! :)

    Eid Mabrook to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this post!

    however, at this point, I wish the big boys would just grow up and stop treating me like their 3rd mother (one, their mom- two, their wife- three, their boss)... grrr the frustrations lie.

    but you, you bring perspective. we all long for the memories... unknowingly, unmemorable of the urge of dependence.

    beautifully written, my dear. I, too, find myself longing to embrace, remember the times...

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you kay... i guess each of us sees the past as some beautiful treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful post it is!! My fondest memories are the memories of my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mademoiselle DivaSeptember 13, 2010

    the memory of him.

    beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a beautiful writer. You have a wonderful way with words that is inspiring and heart warming x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Memories of yesterday are part of our life's lessons to; they build up our todaysand our todays build up our tomorrows which are todays of the future.... So your title makes the perfect sense, even though this comment might not have. Hehe!

    Cheers darl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The comment makes sense hehe! i agree :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. chocolate loverSeptember 13, 2010

    sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sunshine...Remember me :)

    I guess we all tend to move on with time...Time changes us all when we begin to realize that the thing we imagined in our childhood days were actually pretty lame and not realistic enough to make them come true...This part is sad though as we tend to forget all the beautiful things that we did,imagined in our childhood.

    My fondest memory: Me having to go to school everyday crying and not wanting to leave my mother's arms..Now that I am living with room-mates and not with my family...I tend to understand the reason of my crying those days :)

    P.S howz u? Got your link though twitter :)

    -K

    ReplyDelete
  12. heyyyy K, so glad to see you! of course i remember all my old blogger friend :)

    how's work? how's life? I'm doing well :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

♥ Thank you for your love. I'll get back to all of your blogs during the weekend. I promise. ♥

Popular posts from this blog

In Your Life...

Risk

Does It Hurt?