From House to Home

I am no design divaa but yes aesthetics are something which I have plenty of. Thanks to Almighty and the self given Degree too... things are not as shallow as they are for some. While browsing some things really clicked my taste and I shall take the liberty to spill the happy interiors around here today.


Pile On the Pillows

One pair of pillows always looks skimpy. Use two pairs, in contrasting patterns, colors, and textures. I love the touch it adds to my couch and my bed.

Buy a Bigger Bed

Small-scale furniture only makes a small bedroom look smaller. Yes they tell you fill smaller rooms with minimum stuff but no. Minimum objects maybe but don't compromise on the size. Try a high bed with a tall headboard. Your room will grow.

Large Collections Need Order

Wall brackets can bring order to a large collection or odd shapes, which is what I considered before doing my room but then for some reason had to hold it back. You can try it. It really adds to the decorative aspect.

Use a Real Rug in the Bathroom

Use a rug instead of a bath mat. It was made to withstand a lot more wear than the occasional wet foot. This is true but if you are habitual of too much wet all the time, I'd suggest you stick with the throw mat so you could easily take it out in the sun to dry.

It's Okay to Skip the Sofa

There's no rule that a living room has to have a sofa.

White Works

You'll never get tired of a white room.

Mix Styles

A four poster bed is a beautiful addition to any bedroom. It can add an elegant touch to your home decorating style, but these beds can be quite expensive. You can save money by building your own four poster bed. This allows you to create the bed you have always dreamed of having.

Layer Your Lighting

Four lamps are better than two. You need ambient light for mood and direct light for reading.

Tuck In Your Throws

Keep throws under control. Fold them lengthwise, then in half, then tuck them into cushions. Gives a clean touch to elegance.

Skirted Furniture Finishes a Room

Too many chair and table legs can make a room "nervous." A skirted piece or two will make it feel "grounded."

Kick Your Traditional Coffee Table to the Curb

The most versatile coffee table you'll ever own is an ottoman topped with a tray.

Gold Is Gorgeous

Gold is back in a big way. A few accents will warm up a room, like this classic living room in the picture above.

Plants Cheer Up a Lonely Corner

Nothing softens a lonely corner in a big room like a potted tree.

Switch Up Your Seating

Mix up the seating at your dining table. You wouldn't have eight identical chairs in your living area.

Don't Forget the Closet Lighting

Love your closets. Paint them, paper them, hang pictures in them to inspire you. And definitely light them.

So I exceeded 13 again! so what? Who is counting when you are getting best tips and tricks that nobody ever tells you about decorating. I found it and I shared it and yes maybe I filtered it too. But bottom line is, if you want to make a house, a home, you got to pay attention to how you decorate.

So what are you waiting for, this weekend do some fun around your home and revive what is now dry and boring **smiles.

Comments

  1. Blasphemous AestheteSeptember 06, 2010

    I want a big spacious room, in a villa, centered in the lush green fields of mowed grass, on a small hillock...

    ReplyDelete
  2. makes me want to visit your place and see how u have kept it:P i lurvvvvvv cozy, well furnished interiors...
    nice post

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a very aesthetic interior designer hidden somewhere in you! Great work :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a lovely home. Nice. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. quartertoinsaneSeptember 06, 2010

    aesthetic...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like revamping my room now that I have read this...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aren't those rooms gorgeous. I love how no one lives in them! There are no half empty mugs, folded newspapers, shoes strewn about, an ironing board set up in the middle of the room. I'm moving to magazine land!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ForgetfuloneSeptember 06, 2010

    Beautiful photos - fit for a decorating magazine. Good tips, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aaaah :)
    That just lifted my spirits.
    I love each one of them. My room badly needs a makeover!! I'm considering white this time...like you mentioned in one of the pic.
    I'm kinda sick of all the other colors.
    Have a great weekend, love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. bondgal_rulzSeptember 06, 2010

    Such AWESOME pics and tips! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haris GulzarSeptember 06, 2010

    I like the title of this post. And that rug in the bathroom too :-P. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. informative and soooo much enjoyable with the lovely photos!!

    it takes love and nurturing to convert a house into a home... a thumbs-up post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love my sofa and could never give it up, but I don't have a traditional coffee table! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice one...i always wished to have a closet in my room connected to the wash room,but sigh never cud.pretty informative post :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great and it works ! Coz i have been into relocation and decor is going on. Cool suggestions and awesome blend of pics :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

♥ Thank you for your love. I'll get back to all of your blogs during the weekend. I promise. ♥

Popular posts from this blog

Risk

In Your Life...

Show You Care