Getting Ready for Change
Good Morning Tuesday,Yes I look forward to you the entire week and then you come and drown me in weird feelings and moments.
This week has been full of dilemmas. My mom asked me "where are you headed with life? are you not going to get married?"
Funny question I told her and also said, "Do you see me with a man? Why are you popping such a question?"
She looks at me and says, "then get a woman!"
I burst out laughing, "Where do they sell woman, just tell me and I shall go and get her!"
She makes that frowning face that makes me week in my knees.
She adds further, "Dear do something, you will be 28 and you are still single, it isn't right!"
"Yes mom I know but what should I do? Advertise it on a billboard? make a TVC and air it on every channel? Post it on every day newspaper as headlines? What? How far do you think I haven't been in this search for a partner for me? Can't we just forget that I have to get married and let me stay in the skin I am! Maybe this commitment thing is not for me. I am destined to be single and hence all men want to have fun and pass time with me, but no one finds me capable of marriage. We should settle with what the society is showing me."
Mom gets a little more hyper and I think I touched the wrong nerve, so she says, "Get a makeover! Do your hair, something about your skin and spend on yourself like you haven't before but be beautiful, maybe that is what they want, that outside beauty!"
"So you are saying I should trade my inner for my outer? because I really think I am good enough on the inside and outside."
She eyes me further and starts to compare me from 5 years ago to me now. Obviously there is the excess 10 kgs too which requires gym and workouts I am not paying any attention to.
After this discussion I made up my
mind to visit salons to get me decent price quotes on the make over. If I want to get things done proper, price is not much to worry about but the reputation and quality of services do matter much. I am not going to get a rebonding because that'll ruin my hair so they are offering me Loreal X-tenso Hair Relaxing and Straightening which according to them will last me a year. The price quoted is somewhere around $300 and it will take 6 hours to get the procedure done. So I come home and do a little research and review on the product. It is a 50-50 so far and I am dying for someone to confirm that it will give me the results I am longing for. I want straight hair but without much of that chemical shot. If you know about someone who has been through it please do let me know.
mind to visit salons to get me decent price quotes on the make over. If I want to get things done proper, price is not much to worry about but the reputation and quality of services do matter much. I am not going to get a rebonding because that'll ruin my hair so they are offering me Loreal X-tenso Hair Relaxing and Straightening which according to them will last me a year. The price quoted is somewhere around $300 and it will take 6 hours to get the procedure done. So I come home and do a little research and review on the product. It is a 50-50 so far and I am dying for someone to confirm that it will give me the results I am longing for. I want straight hair but without much of that chemical shot. If you know about someone who has been through it please do let me know.It isn't done yet, the acrylic nails are next in line which will cost a little under $50 and I
have to get them because my nails just wont stop chipping. If I have to go artificial, I shall go to the limits of it. Just wish I had a woman supporting me in this cause, but she'll come later in the picture probably, especially when she is pulled by the fake stuff because that is how it works today. They like to talk about it, none really wants it, so why am I wasting my life over it. I just hope it will work for me. I am all geared up for this big change. If you have an experience to tell me about, I am awaiting! I am bored with this superheroism prompt by **** and I shall not be considering to give it any thought. I find every day living heroism and right now what I am doing is an heroic effort to change my essence. I shall not be the beautiful inside more, I will keep my mouth shut and let my face talk more. lol!
Next in line is face polish, because my pimples and acne are killing me. I need my skin to breathe again. I have heard much about face polish and now I will go on and try to get it for myself. I just hope so much of spending gets me some good. I have no idea where I am headed and you won't even consider much of the worth. I just got to do it to make my mother happy, if that is all it will achieve. I care much about where life is headed anymore. Thanks for always wishing me well and being on my side all the time.See you after I get renewed!
Regards!
Sweet Jesus, and we thought all u gals needed was a waxing, a pedicure-manicure and some face cream and u were done :P (ok well i actually know it hasn't been so simple for over a decade now :P)
ReplyDeletewhy do all ure blogs have different ways of entering comments, why can't i just use my google id..grrr!!!
btw i liked the idea of the whole billboard thing and all...actually i am getting an idea now...hmm
O my my......Going for all such pampering just to be socially acceptable ? It that you I don't think so.
ReplyDeletePampering yourself is good....go for it....I would have love to when I felt like spending big bugs....
Doing for the happiness of mom.....is good too!
But to get a man? Na Na....because the one who falls for it isn't worth it....
The most genuine of men hates it........infact they prefer the simple beauties....just be ourself and u will have the one...and remember love happens when u least expect it.......and then life falls perfectly......
My prayers will surely bear fruit one day :)
well goodluck with the makeover. And its sad but its one of our dilemmas that a girl should get married within a certain age. Man its hard to find decent life partner thesedays.!!
ReplyDeletewish you good time.. get renewed soon..
ReplyDeletecould feel your conversation with ur mom.. :) ... :) ...girlieeee. :)
arghhhhhhhhhh! girlie talk ..girlie stuff ... :( ..... where is the real LadyB ? or even the old DD ?
ReplyDelete300$ on "hair" !!! :O .. come onnnn!! :O
P.S: your mom is right .. fortunately or unfortunately its true , take it this way that even you would eat a very delicious yummy meal if its not garnished & presented nicely ;)
Good luck with that all and keep smiling the "real" smile
LadyB,
ReplyDeleteI am not an expert but feel that natural beauty is what one must have. I know initially it is outward looks which attract one but as time goes it is inside beauty which wins hands down. So just be natural with minimal make up but do take care of your appearance. You may wear your hair in the manner best suited for your face. Lose extra flab but do not aim for becoming skinny. Eat healthy. Do regular exercise to keep not only physically fit but mentally alert too. Use clothes which suit you and are not garish but pleasant. In short be yourself and have confidence.
Take care
You are a beautiful woman
ReplyDeleteI'm sure you're already very beautiful, but there's no harm in beautifying oneself further.. but never compromise on the inner beauty..no matter what, that IS what counts in the end. :)
ReplyDeleteU r pretty the way u r hun!! A guy or girl who falls for the outer beauty is definitely not worth it, i m sure ur mom knows that too!
ReplyDelete:) ladybird's idea is pretty darn good. I hope the makeover turns out wonderful. It's sad but nobody cares about the inner beauty though it stays till the last breath. The skin, nails, hair, etc will eventually lose their beauty no matter how many beauty products one uses.
ReplyDeleteEver considered hair extensions? I love them! I wish I could have them.....
ReplyDelete