Where has my mind been?
Paris as always, is strongly on my mind. With my upcoming trip (in July-August, which is really a million days away!) waking up beside you would be wonderful, spending the days with you no one to bother us, all the activities and things to do.. not forgetting moonlite walk on the beach.. =) But, imagine if the trip we plan - Paris! all I can think of is what we’ll be doing and what we’ll be eating…Baguettes with cheese and wine for lunch, dancing in the moonlight, taking a boat ride in the canals and fresh, warm butter croissants from a boulangerie for breakfast.
An old country house with a gorgeous kitchen, a wonderful dining room, a large sitting room and gardens upon gardens – a place where our daughter could get married in the backyard, a place to come home to. I’ve been reading a lot lately. A lot of books about traditions and food and homes full of love, and I started having thoughts… of how nice it would be to bake bread on a Saturday morning, making pies with berries picked from my garden, and watching people grow old; watching myself grow old. Silly dreams, aren’t they? I told Darling Dragon and I think I scared her a bit….
I want to spend my time baking madeleines, chocolate chip cookies, apple or blueberry pies, pancakes and scones. Imagine inhaling all the smells, the vanilla, the chocolate, the wonderful aroma that fills your house with sugary deliciousness. And I’m a serial masochist – not only do I bake these goods but then I seek out new recipes to make, going through recipe books and blogs and drooling over delicious pictures of cakes and brownies and pies – oh my!
My mind is all over the place but I’m trying to focus on work while still holding onto life with full force – I feel like it’s all going to come together soon. And with a satisfying crack of the top of a creme brulee, my mind will soon be free of all the boring things and move onto dreamier places!
Where has your mind been lately?


