People Always Leave.... But sometimes they come back

Once i have read this thought somewhere and i quite liked it: There comes a point in your life when you realize who really matters, who never did, and who always will.

Now i am thinking when this point comes and how do i know this?

We all happened to lived in the century where most communication is done over the net. It is not like we dont have a life in "Real" world. Just the limits of REAL are different now. And many can say that their best friends live not the next door but in the other city, the other state, the other country. And they even might add they have never ever seen them in person. Like how does it matter anyways if there was some face-to-face interaction because there is this spark between you when you know you can always rely on these people.

Friendship means a world, it is like FAMILY, just a little bit different and no blood relation. But then it is all and everything when it comes to the point of being for each other in any kind of circumstances.

Just that you know that someone will catch you when you fall, he/she will dry your tears and say it all is going to be alright even if you both know it will not. This someone will pretend to be
cheerful and happy just to make you feel good, will send you text messages, forward mails and give you missed calls at least once in a day. They will follow you even if you go through hell because what is the HELL for true friendship? And you will always know that they are there to prevent you from doing stupid and senseless things and when you still do these things, they will be there either to say "I told you so" or rather to cry with you or to laugh with you over these matters.

And more than that - you are willing to give all these in return to them because you too care and because they so much deserve it. So what if you have never seen your friend other that on pics, and heard the voice only over the phone. How does it matter? Because whatever you feel is real, because the happiness they bring into your life is real, even the fights you have are REAL.


But then the point comes when things change. Like they become busy, give you less time, forget to call, don't reply to your messages. And then the thought crawls into your mind - is it really the way it should be? Is it this eternal friendship you both took a vow for?


Days go by and then you talk less and less and you realize that the other person has their own life and you somehow feel you don't fit in. Is this the point when you realize who really matters, who never did, and who always will. And does it mean that you have been stupid to trust with your deepest secrets and desires someone you have never met? Does it mean you cannot trust other people who you met online because there will be another point when they will eventually leave too? You know like People Always Leave. And those you meet online leave even sooner than you expected them? Though i guess you never expected, right? Remember this Eternal Friendship Vow...

How do you know if you can trust someone to be your friend forever? Is the whole attachment-thing just a trap for emotional fools who take things seriously? The ones who believe if they care, the other party will care too? It is not like I do not understand that people might be busy and sorting stuff out, we all have to deal with our own problems and do not want to overload our friends with them. But does it mean that whatever is online will remain online only? Like "Out of Sight - Out of Mind." And since you never were in sight, you will never stay in mind?

Not sure I believe in all this. I mean most probably i belong to that 'Emotional fools" - type who believe in eternal friendship, devotion, dedication, attachment and caring. But well, it is so tough to let go if you were once close. Because there is this attachment that has been growing for months and you can't just ignore it.

How do you know if whatever you have with them is for real?

Not just a time pass for them. Not just a time pass for you?

How do you know they think about you when you are not online?
Do you think about them when they are not there?

Can you feel this attachment to them?
Are you sure they have any attachment for you?

How do you know it is about friendship?
Do you know this?

If i say i don't care if they have it, it will be a lie. Because i care but sometimes i have this doubt that it is the same for people i truly care about. Should i ignore this feeling? I don't know. Even if someone told me i should ignore, i am not sure i would be able to.

Because Me is Me and even if people leave, they are always welcome to be back.

Why?

Because once upon a time, we were good friends. And we have gone through a lot of stuff together, good and bad. But it would not matter anymore because if they need me, I am there.

Any time.
Any place.
Anywhere


I got you..


*Images - from "One Tree Hill"

Comments

  1. humble devilJune 01, 2010

    very touching...

    keep writing...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nature NutJune 01, 2010

    Beautiful post and images, LadyB!!! I think of my blogging friends online and love visiting their blogs. Was thrilled when I saw your post this AM because we were online at the same time. :D

    Friends do come and go in our lives but we take with us what we have learned from them and remember them in our hearts. There is nothing so fantastic as bumping into each other again. The lighted smiles say it all. But it all depends on our journeys if we are meant to stay together forever. That kind of friendship and love completes a person...when one can encourage the other's journey on. When we find a person who supports us in our journey and we them, that's when things click. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jonah WilliamsJune 01, 2010

    i dont know...but i have always heard ppl talk abt online relationships in a not so nice way. never could understand why...i believe what i share with my online frnds is real..and frnds come and go..that has to go on bcoz unless they go, u never get to know who the real frnd was..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet SamanthaJune 01, 2010

    Those were some wonderful thoughts!Whether realization dawns or not,those who truly care will surely come back one day.

    Love you LadyB!Hugsss

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessica RobertsJune 01, 2010

    Sorry LadyB but i don't agree...There never does come that point in life when one reaizes who matters, who never did and who alwez will. n Thats reality.

    Hmm...this is v.challenging but from each experience i have..good or bad..i try to learn. I NEVER get bitter. just coz one friend lied, 1 friend back-stabbed, 1 friend is forgiving, 1 friend is willing to alwez listen to me...i don't think every other friend i make will be like that. Each person is diff. n all of us change based on a zillion factors n with time. Nothing is permenant.Nothing is certain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. a new philosopher is bornJune 01, 2010

    wow...this is too intense for me...
    but i think - the moment we use friendship, it really does not matter whether it is real or online....friends are friends only right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. τħ€ ĐάЎđяёάmёяJune 01, 2010

    It was such a beautiful feeling that u shared wid..
    I too belong to that category of emotional fool and I regretly admit that i had gone out of many lives where I mattered the most..sometime due to my commitments and sometime due to their over-possesiveness..but I truly never regretted any of the frndship I have done..

    My life was always an openbook..so there are very lil secrets..adn those secrets are secrets which I don't utter to myself louder too..

    It is nor wrong to trust..but it sumtimes do pain wen sumone leave and as u sadi..me too always welcome them open armed wenever they felt like to come back...

    even my current love was a net n fone affair and we met very recently after being in love for almost 2 years... and we feared so much and yet we got mixed up so fast...

    Loved ur views...
    *hugz*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Noushy SyahJune 01, 2010

    Friendship comes under many categories,whatever you have mentioned in the posting are true...some will go under categories as stated,but only those who you left footsteps in their heart and truly care will definitely come back....

    Well,talking abt on9 friends,do you have this feelings like if you don't visit to their blogs one day you feel like your day is not complete? I believe this is part of the attachment and chemistry in friendship too..

    ReplyDelete
  9. RiversoulJune 01, 2010

    good post LadyB.

    To me, Friendship is medium-blind. Meaning online or not, friendship is friendship.

    Yes I think abt many of u when Im not online. I love and respect all my blogger pals as much as I care abt my offline friends.

    Internet is just a medium...there r beating hearts behind all those blogger IDs.


    **How do you know if whatever you have with them is for real?

    What is REAL? It's how u feel. If u feel some connection, then its there. If not, its not there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wonderful thoughts! It was such a beautiful feeling that u shared with..I too belong to that category of emotional fool...I feel who truly cares will comeback...I liked &loved your views..Hve a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thats some wonderful thot. Its not that every friend we come across is gonna be with us forever, its jus that we carry with us the memories and learnings we get from each other :). But its always wonderful to know that we will have a friend who is always gonna be with us no matter what..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mellow NellyJune 01, 2010

    Lovely post as always girl..

    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Naz MokhtarJune 01, 2010

    Remember this song?

    And I never thought I'd feel this way
    And as far as I'm concerned
    I'm glad I got the chance to say
    That I do believe I love you
    And if I should ever go away
    Well then close your eyes and try
    Feel the way we do today
    And then if you can remember

    Keep smilin', keep shinin'
    Knowin' you can always count on me, for sure
    That's what friends are for
    For good times and bad times
    I'll be on your side forever more-ore
    That's what friends are for

    Well you came and opened me
    And now there's so much more I see
    And so by the way I thank you
    Woh, and then for the times when we're apart
    Well then close your eyes and know
    The words are comin' from my heart
    And then if you can remember

    Oh-oh, keep smiling, keep shining
    Knowing you can always count on me, for sure
    That's what friends are for

    "You're my Person, You're my sister. You're my family. You're all I've got, too."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

♥ Thank you for your love. I'll get back to all of your blogs during the weekend. I promise. ♥

Popular posts from this blog

Risk

In Your Life...

Show You Care