A chance to see you




I could have gone home early today but i didnt.

I didnt because the only thing i could think about was that i wanted to see you and the only instance whereby i could conceive this happening- where i might get a chance to see you- was if you decided to take the train home and we would happen to cross paths. So i stood in front of the train station tonight, waiting like some kind of fool. Fool because i didnt even know what i was waiting for. For you to come down the escalator? To see you? Would we even speak? I didn't even know if you were in the city today. I didnt know if you would even take the train if by some chance you were in the city. For all i knew you could have been at home or anywhere else for that matter. So i stood like a prize idiot, waiting there by myself. Not even knowing what i was waiting for.

Here is my confession, I’m Weak. So for maybe a minute or an hour or for however long it takes before my pride take over once again, i’m going to be okay with not being okay. And i’m going to say that i miss you and i’m going to admit that i stood in front of a train station for over an hour tonight just because all i wanted all day was a chance to see you.

Much love,
B.

Comments

  1. beautifully written :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WarmSunshineAugust 24, 2010

    Aww... I've done that before, waiting for something I knew wasn't going to happen. The chances are slim, but we still convince ourselves to hope.

    But, then again, what's so wrong with admitting you need someone, sometimes? With taking a chance? (Even you do seem a little crazy?)

    I mean, being in love and being a little crazy... there isn't much of a difference between the two, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would soooo do that. Sometimes seeing that one person is what makes our days even worth it. Sometimes we take the chance and we wait - maybe it works , maybe it doesn't. But sometimes you just have to try. Would lovelorn be the right word for that?

    P.S. I think being willing to wait for someone in a train station is beautifully romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll try 2 be truthfulAugust 24, 2010

    I have been there. I went down to visit my best friend at college and I know his best friend goes there too. I thought there would be no way that we would run into each other but we literally ran into each other. I stood there and he looked at me and turned away. Sometimes its better to just move on then feel the pain of what happens when you see someone you desperately want to see but they dont want to see you : /

    ReplyDelete
  5. we've all been there. this is so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  6. mystic roseAugust 24, 2010

    I can understand you so well!! Thanks for the beautiful words!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OntherocksAugust 24, 2010

    Wow, I've always wanted to do that, waiting for someone just in case they would show up and you would meet and everything would turn out good. I wish you the best of luck in the future, with love & life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. a new philosopher is bornAugust 24, 2010

    Waiting for someone just because you have a chance to see him, is such a beautiful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope is painful, exhausting and false most of the time, isn't it...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darshan ChandeAugust 24, 2010

    beautiful but heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do the same nearly every day...

    ReplyDelete
  12. those moments where pride kicks in, they are the most beautiful.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. i am you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect.

    Love Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've waited and he showed up. Out of the blue but it was like a dream come true.

    LOVE Terry.

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh how i love this becaues i've done it too ;p
    waited just so i could see that someone walk by

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is incredibly beautiful... and I probably would have done the same.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  18. coldsexymoonliteAugust 24, 2010

    Love has reasons that reason itself can´t justify... There isn´t a soul in the world that hasn´t done something like this before in the name of love and hope.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

♥ Thank you for your love. I'll get back to all of your blogs during the weekend. I promise. ♥

Popular posts from this blog

Risk

In Your Life...

Show You Care