Revelations Of An Afterlife..


In an Afterlife. Once upon a lifetime, I used to live in a place called the 'world'. Over there, we could 'say' but most people only 'talked'. We could 'listen' but most people only 'heard'. We could 'see' but most folks just 'looked'. In that world, there were so many avenues for growth... so many signs placed on our roads of life, by God... omens were the the only language God spoke... not English, not Hebrew. It was 'omens'. God's language was the signs and the experiences we encountered along the road of life. But people over there are so buried in their own worlds, in their 'chase', they hardly saw God's signs or the symbols he left along their roads. The experiences, the encounters, the other people they met... they forgot to 'see' them.. cos they only 'looked'. When good experiences were met, they were overjoyed, they only thought of the pleasure it gave them. They missed the golden lessons that came with it, that were carefully placed by God, like the delicious bits of nuts and fruit hidden beneath a cake. People only noticed the top layer, like the icing on a cake... like the little sugar figurines that captured their eyes, not the imagination. They forgot to see the bigger picture of it all... that with good things in life we should grow humility, generosity, compassion, understanding and love. Most people there don't seem to know that we may 'succeed' many times in life but we are not a 'success' until we share it with everyone else around us. Joy that's not shared isn't joy at all. And when they encountered bad experiences along the road, people were so miserable.. they cursed God... they asked why me. Again, they missed the precious lessons that came with it. They only saw the bottom layer this time, like the pits of a dark dungeon... like the burning sensation of a fire that only captured their immediate senses, but not their souls. They forgot to see the greater outcome of it all... that with bad things that happen to us in life, we should grow patience, hope, positivity and beauty of the heart. Most people there don't seem to know that we may 'fail' many times in life but we don't become a 'failure' until we blame somebody else for it... that accountability should stand tall in all situations.

God places 'items' along the road of life. Those items maybe the people we meet, the experiences we encounter and the ups and downs we go through in life. All of them happen to us for a reason... yes all of it. Even if some people leave us for good or some encounters leave us emotionally crippled.. you and I met because we were meant to cross each others' paths to attend to a deep need in each other... to be there for each other at a difficult time... to awaken each others' spirits and unleash our souls. It doesn't matter that we are not together anymore... our purpose has been accomplished, our need has been met. God places 'items' along the road of life. The beautiful rose has thorns.. the ugly duckling may possess the prettiest heart.. the rocky road can lead to the most beautiful lake.. the toothy child brought out the kid in me.. the friend who never spoke to me again taught me Destiny.. the flowers by the lake showed me character and patience through day and night. May all your future encounters leave you wiser than ever before! In life we look...i n death we see, and I did. Life is a symptom... death is a cure.

Comments

  1. Life is not a symptom, grief and despair are the symptoms.

    And definitely death is not a cure for any of them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so good to see you back on blogs and I'm hoping this continues to be!

    This is such a wonderful tribute that you've written!

    ReplyDelete
  3. humble devilAugust 02, 2010

    wt an eye opening post! every word u typed there mirrors the real world so well! Thank u so much 4 this thought provoking post sweets. i am going to go slow today and see if i get thorns or flowers in the way to destiny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WarmSunshineAugust 02, 2010

    True to the core. Every word. Yes indeed. And I'm humbled the way you dedicated it to me out of so many of your friends.

    LadyB, you are so you! Love you for that! mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the autumn of my journey I am much better at learning the lessons and being aware of the serendipitous joy of having someone special cross my path...happenstance or fate, karma or destiny, whatever name you assign to it, if you are not open to the experience, you lose so much of the beauty of knowing another sentient being.

    It is wonderful to hear your thoughts again..It appears that you are still making memories and enjoying a period of constructive self examination in the outer world. I am pleased to find you in such a tranquil place..as always, your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. a gud write up...
    Hope millions read this and realize the real meaning of what u said..

    Cheers..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ur post was heart touching...i can think of innumerable number of ppl who live this kinda life that u hav talked about here, lost in the rat race.

    That's the reason why so many of them feel lost, without a goal in life, without a purpose to live for. They somewhere fail to get the essence of life.

    I won't say that i have the essence of life, but i m definitely not lost in the maze of life. And i feel happy about that, i know there are miles to go before i get there...but i am definitely not as vain as others.

    I am so touched to know tht there is a mention of my name in this post. Something like this coming from you is extremely heartening, LadyB. Do u know why i keep saying this? Its bcoz u have touched the lives of some people in a way even u don't know! Once again thanks for the post, stay good. :)

    Much Love,
    Ria

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful,touching post. Truly "revealations of an afterlife".

    ReplyDelete
  9. As always your post touched my heart!

    It feels great to read you all over again after a long time!

    and loved to be a part of this vy touching post :)

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darshan ChandeAugust 02, 2010

    Beautiful, because it is everywhere here... a bud that blooms long after... smile and cherish on everyone... in such courteous way is lovable. Hope you continue here keshi dear.

    Lovely said and truly said! Falling is just a learning experience of standing... but sometimes rarely we fall in a pit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello dear LadyB - your writing sounds terribly deep and sober. I hope you are well. Love Terry

    ReplyDelete
  12. LadyB, what a deep meaningful touching post!

    Thank you so much for mentioning me here.

    I always found your writing very genuine, and you as a very pure hearted person in this online world.

    I kept in touch because I wanted to, because I felt the need to....the desire came from within and there was no reason to deny it :).

    Hugzzz and Love....
    Shachi

    ReplyDelete
  13. a new philosopher is bornAugust 02, 2010

    God's language is conscience. :)
    I believe we ought to be humble and magnanimous,I believe magnanimity of thoughts and deeds is fast diminishing from our lives.

    People now are are making a genuine effort to be BAD. :(

    *you and I met because we were meant to cross each others' paths to attend to a deep need in each other...to be there for each other at a difficult time...to awaken each others' spirits and unleash our souls.*
    - this is so You.
    :D
    *we may 'fail' many times in life but we don't become a 'failure' until we blame somebody else for it* - yeah,well said i fail we succeed,that kinda a people I would love friends.

    *Life is a symptom...death is a cure.*
    Life is a chance to do fruitful things for others, death is tragic truth.

    *jumps up and down reading the blog.*

    Spread the smiles LadyB.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi LadyB
    how r u? whts up....how is life? still making every1 down under go weak in d knees,I hope:D

    dun even hv ur email id 2 keep in touch...I disappeared of course but am trying 2 cum back....would be amazing if v cud reconnect:)

    Comfortably Numb

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll try 2 be truthfulAugust 02, 2010

    I had gone through something similar, that made me realize that the moment something bad happens we forget about all the good things that happened, and concentrate all our energies on the negativity of life.

    The line where you said " God places experiences as learning milestones in our path" sums it up.

    People come and go, and yet we meet them coz it was meant to be. :)


    -hope you keep writing more and we get to meet you more :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. LadyB, so good to see writing again even if this is just a one time thing.

    To be honest with you I am rather bummed out over the very sentiment you expressed.

    They forgot to see the bigger picture of it all...that with good things in life we should grow humility, generosity, compassion, understanding and love.

    On both the small and grand scale I see far too many people so wrapped up in their own achievements that they forgot everyone else. Even worse, instead of sharing what the have they become scared of the outsider or "boogeyman" and fear someone is out to take what they have.


    And when they encountered bad experiences along the road, people were so miserable..they cursed God...they asked why me.

    Same thing here, lots of people want to blame someone else for their bad situation but in reality it all boils down to the choices we make.

    Don't get me wrong, I'm no saint, I have my bad days and bad weeks but at least I can still see the forest for the trees most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. mystic roseAugust 02, 2010

    Hey Beb!
    Thanks for the visit, made me happy to see your comment pop up in my Inbox.

    You write with such amazing clarity and intensity, I hope you never stop. Clearly writing is your passion (or one of your passions :) ), blog or not not withstanding. Great to hear from you and wishing you all the happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear sweet friend, LadyB
    I've been meaning to come by earlier and leave a comment but it's been not such a good week!
    I am truly touched and honored that you included me among those that you paid tribute to .... thanx so very much!

    This is such a beautiful post, I so loved it!
    Full of wisdom and so very true!

    I send you much love!

    Margie XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  19. OntherocksAugust 02, 2010

    people tend to see only the good things, while they fail to see that the bad things which we think are bad... are the real lessons that help us to live a nicer life.. a life filled with knowing who are the real persons who care about us... who would tend to your care when we are down .... such people are rare to find... you have found them and iam really happy for that...



    you know i talk o my frenz sometimes abt you... you were the girl who taught me at one time... to live in the moment and enjoy life... be what it may happiness or sad... and I'll always remember that fact...

    just have one wish... to see that old ladyb... the happy the crazy... the sexy ;) ladyb... back.... :)


    hope to see here real soon...



    take care and keep writing..........

    ReplyDelete
  20. That felt so good and soothing to read.. :)
    "In life we look...in death we see, and I did. Life is a symptom...death is a cure."

    Those are powerful lines, I say..

    ReplyDelete
  21. 宜欣宜欣August 02, 2010

    很棒的分享~留言支持!

    ReplyDelete
  22. 懿綺懿綺August 02, 2010

    很精彩的部落格 期待你的繼續加油

    ReplyDelete
  23. Life is a symptom...death is a cure.

    ReplyDelete
  24. 俊宏淑松August 02, 2010

    相見亦無事,不來常思君

    ReplyDelete
  25. HI LADYB!

    BEV HERE!

    NICE TO SEE YOU BACK!

    I just got back after being away on a project and saw you post.

    It's nice reading a great writer which you are.

    I'm not writing any blogs; however, we still have some entertainment and information blogs.

    My blog has departed blogville and is now in blogville heaven. LOL


    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  26. 陳筱黃世谷婷August 02, 2010

    Make hay while the sun shines

    ReplyDelete
  27. 劉士賢劉士賢August 02, 2010

    很榮幸能到你的BLOG留言o^~^o

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

♥ Thank you for your love. I'll get back to all of your blogs during the weekend. I promise. ♥

Popular posts from this blog

In Your Life...

Risk

Does It Hurt?