Dreams Are Not Enough.

It is so hard to focus on the now when you think about the future. We are constantly thinking about the have-nots, the wants, and the dreams we want to come true. I dream of places to travel to, things to accomplish, even recipes to create – and yet, with all this daydreaming much of the tasks I have to accomplish for day to day get swept aside in my eagerness for the future.

Any given moment I’ll be thinking of travelling to Rio de Janeiro, ordering promotional materials for real estate, decorating my apartment in style, or what I’ll be blogging about later on at night. I constantly push the things I should be doing out of my way to make room in my head for the future. I don’t think my head fully understands that there will be no future if I don’t complete my given tasks today.

It is hard to change your mindset from future to now. At least for me. And it’s too overwhelming to think of both at once. Before any of my dreams come true I have to make some money. In order to make some money, I have to work hard. To achieve a level where I need to promote, promote, promote and network, network, network. But before I do all of that I need to be mentally and physically ready. And right now? I need to study.

I hate being realistic. Hate is a strong word, and in this case I really, truly meant it. Who wants to be realistic? Why can’t we live off pink cotton candy and good wishes and smiles? Why can’t things be true just because we wish them to be? Why? Why? Why? Because. Life is real. It’s not a dream. No matter how much we think it might be. For every action there is a consequence. For every wish come true there is the hard work in making it real.

I will never stop dreaming, but I know this much to be true: If you really, really, really want something to happen it will not happen unless you make it so. Hard work. Perseverance. Perspiration. And the will to never give up. Aspire to this and all your dreams will come true.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Risk

In Your Life...

Show You Care